Main content starts here.
Message by Governor Kuroiwa(英語)
Message by Governor Kuroiwa
Today, the national government decided to lift the state of emergency declaration on September 30 which has been applied to Kanagawa Prefecture.
In recent days, we have seen a considerable decrease in the number of new cases and reduced burden on medical institutions. These are results of the cooperation given by the prefectural citizens and business operators who followed our requests to avoid outings and shorten business hours. I would like to express my deep gratitude to you for the efforts.
However, if we drop our guard all at once, there will be a rebound of infections, which may impose a strain on medical institutions again.
So, Kanagawa Prefectural Government will take a step-by-step approach in easing the restrictions we have placed. Based on this idea, let me ask you the following.
[To prefectural citizens]
- Continue the basic infection prevention measures of M-A-S-K (M for mask wearing, A for alcoholic disinfection, S for screening using acrylic boards, etc., and K for keeping social distance and ventilating). Act cautiously and always keep in mind that there is a high risk of infection in crowded places when you go out.
[To business operators]
- We ask you to meet the following requests from October 1 to 24 based on item 9, Article 24 of the Act on Special Measures.
- ・Eating and drinking establishments certified as restaurants that encourage mask wearing are able to operate between 5:00 and 21:00. Alcohol can be served between 11:00 and 20:00. Customers in a group shall be up to four persons or family members living together.
- ・Eating and drinking establishments now waiting to be certified are able to operate between 5:00 and 20:00 and serve alcohol between 11:00 and 19:30 until they are certified. Customers in a group shall be up to four persons or family members living together.
- ・Other establishments shall operate between 5:00 and 20:00 and be prohibited to serve alcohol. Customers in a group shall be up to four persons or family members living together.
- Establishments that follow these requests are eligible for the financial assistance. However, if they are found to be not following the request, the financial assistance is not granted.
- In organizing events, the number of audience is limited to 10,000 people until October 31 based on item 9, Article 24 of the Act on Special Measures. In the case of events that cheering and shouting are anticipated, the number of audience is limited to 50% of the capacity. These events shall be closed by 21:00.
With regard to the events scheduled for the period between November 1 and January 31 next year, the number of tickets to be sold in advance is requested to be 10,000 at the maximum.
- Be sure to thoroughly implement infection prevention measures, including abiding by the industry guideline, controlling entries to avoid congestion and implementing teleworking or staggered working hours of employees.
We will continue to do our best to strengthen medical service provision system based on Kanagawa Model to protect lives of the citizens from the novel coronavirus. We will also cooperate with the national government in conducting technical demonstration tests for easing restrictions of activities, and work on promotion of social and economic activities.
Your continued and united cooperation for ending the COVID-19 pandemic is highly appreciated.
September 28, 2021
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture