Main content starts here.
Message by Governor Kuroiwa(英語)
Message by Governor Kuroiwa
Today, the national government decided to extend the period of the priority measures for prevention of COVID-19 infection, which had been applied to Kanagawa Prefecture, to August 22.
The weekly average of new cases per day in Kanagawa exceeded 230 today, which has been a criterion for examining making a request again to suspend provision of alcohol. The period of extension this time overlaps summer holiday and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. So, we have to be even more cautious about infection.
This is the fourth time to extend the period of the priority measures, and it pains me extremely to place a tremendous burden on you again. However, to protect precious lives of you, your family and friends, let me make the following requests.
[To business operators]
- From July 12, the priority measures for prevention of COVID-19 infection are applied to Yokohama City, Kawasaki City, Sagamihara City and Atsugi City.
- Eating and drinking establishments in these designated cities are requested to shorten business hours and operate between 5:00 and 20:00. We also request them to suspend provision of alcohol all day, except for those certified by the prefectural government as establishments encouraging mask wearing.
- If uncertified establishments apply for the certification by July 31, they can serve alcohol from the next day. However, in case they are not certified in the examination to be conducted later, they have to stop serving alcohol and cooperation money will not be granted.
- Eating and drinking establishments in other municipalities are requested to shorten business hours and operate between 5:00 and 21:00. Restaurants in newly designated municipalities can serve alcohol only on condition of obtaining the certification as an establishment recommending mask wearing. So, please make an early application for the certification.
[To prefectural citizens]
- Avoid outings, and refrain from traveling beyond the prefectural borders unless it is necessary for living. Seasons of summer vacation and obon holidays will start soon and you may be planning a trip or visit to your hometown. Please reconsider it very carefully, since that could cause a further spread of infection.
- I would like to ask each one of you to take basic anti-infection measures of M-A-S-K in every aspect of life. Always implement M, mask wearing, A, alcoholic disinfection, S, screening using acrylic boards, etc. and meeting in a short time, and K, keep social distancing and ventilating.
- Avoid visiting restaurants not displaying the “List of Prevention Measures against COVID-19 Infection” or operating even after the requested closing time. If you dine out, please do so in a short time regardless of daytime or nighttime, and keep wearing a mask unless you are actually eating or drinking.
Kanagawa Prefectural Government will launch a trial program to distribute antigen examination kit to those who have symptoms in an effort to prevent infection spread.
These extensive measures will be applied for as long as over a month. However, according to the national government, the measures could be lifted earlier than planned if the situation is improved. I would like to ask you to make a united effort in preventing spread of infection so that these semi-emergency measures will be withdrawn as soon as possible.
Your continued understanding and cooperation would be highly appreciated.
July 8, 2021
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture