Main content starts here.
Message by Governor Kuroiwa(英語)
Message by Governor Kuroiwa
Yesterday, the national government decided to extend the period of the priority measures for prevention of COVID-19 infection, which had been applied to Kanagawa Prefecture, to July 11.
Owing to your cooperation, we have managed to avoid a rapid surge of infection in Kanagawa. However, there have been some days when the number of daily new cases exceeds the previous week, and the infection decline is leveling off in these days.
Among the six indexes to decide the infection stage, four indexes still stand at the level of Stage III. And now that variants, which are said to be highly contagious and cause serious symptoms even in young people, are the main infection source, we should not let our guard down.
It is the third time to extend the period of the priority measures, and it is pretty painful to me to impose further burden on you. However, to protect precious lives of you, your family and friends, let me make the following requests.
[To business operators]
- From June 21, the priority measures for prevention of COVID-19 infection are applied to Yokohama City, Kawasaki City, Sagamihara City, Odawara City, Atsugi City and Zama City.
- In these six designated cities, the following are requested.
- ・Operating hours of eating and drinking establishments shall be within a time between 5:00 and 20:00. Use of karaoke equipment shall be suspended all day.
- ・Alcohol can be served between 11:00 and 19:00 on condition that customers limit their length of stay in the restaurant up to 90 minutes and number of the group members up to four, and the “List of Prevention Measures against COVID-19 Infection” including the measures of M-A-S-K is displayed.
- ・Large visitor-attracting facilities with floor space of 1,000 square meters or over shall be closed by 20:00.
- In other municipalities, the following are requested.
- ・Eating and drinking establishments can operate between 5:00 and 21:00 but use of karaoke equipment shall be suspended all day.
- ・Alcohol can be served between 11:00 and 20:00 on condition that customers limit their length of stay in the restaurant up to 90 minutes and number of the group members up to four, and the “List of Prevention Measures against COVID-19 Infection” including the measures of M-A-S-K is displayed.
- Restriction on serving alcohol will be eased from all-day suspension. However, the prefectural government will continue visiting drinking establishments to check if the basic infection prevention measures are taken.
- Restaurants that serve alcohol are requested to manage dwell time by using LINE COVID-19 Notification System. Ask your customers to read the two-dimensional barcode when they enter.
- If an infection surge occurs and the weekly average of new daily cases in the entire prefecture exceeds 230, we will review the area designation and request all-day suspension of serving alcohol in the designated areas.
- We will continue to pay compensation money to eating and drinking establishments and large visitor-attracting facilities for cooperation on certain conditions.
- The prefectural government is promoting a program to give certificate to restaurants that encourage mask wearing so that they will be able to operate while taking infection prevention measures. We are considering offering incentives, such as excluding restaurants that promote mask wearing from the list of establishments requested to shorten business hours when the state of infection improves. So, please apply for this certificate program.
[To prefectural citizens]
- Avoid outings unless it is necessary for living.
- Variants have become dominant, and infection with Delta variant, which is said to be especially contagious, is on the rise. It is extremely important for each one of us to take basic infection prevention measures of M-A-S-K in every aspect of life. Implement M, mask wearing, A, alcoholic disinfection, S, screening using acrylic boards, etc. and meeting in a short time, and K, keep social distancing and ventilating.
- There are cases where people got infected after staying together in one place for a long time even though they were wearing a mask. So, when you meet with someone, have the meeting in a short time in a ventilated place. Never think that your gathering is safe because it is with a small group, in an outdoor space or you are young.
- In case you have a fever or other symptoms, do not go to work or school, or join club activities.
- Avoid visiting restaurants not displaying the “List of Prevention Measures against COVID-19 Infection” or operating even after the requested closing time. If you need to dine out, eat in a short time regardless of daytime or nighttime, and wear a mask unless you are actually eating or drinking. Register with LINE COVID-19 Notification System through the two-dimensional barcode shown on the list.
The prefectural government makes an all-out effort to secure the medical care provision system based on Kanagawa Model. We are working on steady implementation of inoculation programs for the prefectural citizens who desire the vaccination as early as possible, which is expected to have a decisive impact in infection prevention.
Your continued understanding and cooperation would be highly appreciated.
June 18, 2021
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture