Main content starts here.
Message by Governor Kuroiwa(英語)
Message by Governor Kuroiwa
The national government decided to lift the state of emergency declaration imposed on Tokyo and three prefectures including Kanagawa as of March 21.
I would like to express my deepest gratitude again to the prefectural citizens and business operators for their cooperation in refraining from outings and shortening business hours for two and a half months.
Now, what we should keep in mind is prevention of “rebound”. If the number of new cases surges, a state of emergency declaration might be issued again.
We are entering the season when people’s flow will become more active for graduation and entrance ceremonies, new employments and job transfers.
In light of the situation, Kanagawa Prefectural Government designates about one month from March 22 as a period of stepwise easing, and continue the necessary measures for the time being.
I would like to ask you all to thoroughly take the following measures.
- Based on paragraph 9, Article 24 of the Act on Special Measures, we request to refrain from outing as much as possible unless it is necessary to maintain living. In particular, avoid outings after 21:00.
- When you eat out, make it a practice to wear a mask during a conversation regardless of day and night. Lunchtime and coffee brake are not exceptional. Please also eat quietly and alone. The important point is to take thorough precaution for droplets.
- Refrain from having parties, such as thank-you parties and welcome/farewell parties including ones for new students. When you enjoy cherry blossom viewing, please do so without getting together.
[To business operators]
- Based on paragraph 9, Article 24 of the Act on Special Measures, we request business operators to close their business by 21:00 from March 22 to 31. Serving alcohol should be stopped by 20:00.Business operators that meet the request will receive \40,000 a day for the cooperation. Displaying the “List of Prevention Measures against COVID-19 Infection” and encouraging customers to wear a mask during a conversation are also the conditions to receive the financial compensation as before.With regard to the request after April 1, we will consider the state of infections in Kanagawa, and make an announcement by the end of this month, with details including the possible length of period and targeted regions.Please also keep taking stronger measures, such as installing acrylic boards and limiting number of customers using CO2 measuring devices.
- Observe the guideline by business category, and continue teleworking and staggered office hours to reduce office attendance by 70%.
- Restriction on event capacity is eased to 100% for the ones where people do not speak in loud voices, and either larger one of up to 5,000 people or 50% or less of the seating capacity (up to 10,000). It is requested to close events by 21:00.
The prefectural government will further strengthen our medical care system “Kanagawa Model” through various efforts.
Variants of the coronavirus are said to be more infectious than the existing ones, and increasing cases are confirmed in Kanagawa, too, which resulted in the first death some days ago. So we have to remain vigilant. We will reinforce the active epidemiological investigation to trace contacts in broader scope. Testing system to detect the variants in the infected patients will be also expanded.
Please keep in mind that we are always exposed to the novel coronavirus. In order to prevent rebound of infections, I ask you to keep practicing the basic infection prevention measures of MASK.
March 18, 2021
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture