Main content starts here.
Message by Governor Kuroiwa(英語)
Message by Governor Kuroiwa
The novel coronavirus infection keeps on spreading, straining the medical system in Kanagawa Prefecture.
In light of the expected declaration of a state of emergency at an early date, we ask the prefectural citizens and business operators the following in order to reduce people’s movements and contacts in advance.
[To business operators]
- We have requested restaurants and karaoke bars serving alcohol in Yokohama and Kawasaki City to shorten business hours to 22:00 until January 11. If they follow our additional request to stop serving alcohol by 19:00 and close earlier by 20:00 from January 8, increased financial compensation would be paid for cooperation.
- From January 12 to 31, we ask all the restaurants and karaoke bars in the prefecture to stop serving alcohol by 19:00 and close by 20:00.
- We have also asked to implement teleworking. Now we ask you to set a goal of having half of your staff work remotely. Staggering working hours and weekly holidays and use of more paid holidays are also encouraged to relax commuter rush.
- Events are allowed to have up to 5,000 participants. This is applied to events with ticket sales starting on January 8.
[To prefectural citizens]
- Refrain from going out unless it is necessary to maintain living. Especially, we strongly request you to avoid outing for dining after 20:00.
- Work at home as much as possible.
- Have lunch at different time at workplace.
- Take thorough infection prevention measures in school dormitory and group actions such as club or extracurricular activities. Implement online classes and staggered school attendance time, too.
The state of emergency is expected to be declared very soon. Let us share a sense of crisis about this situation, and work together to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
January 4, 2021
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture